Bear Bear

"I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source." - Doris Day

Snows on his nose.

I especially love when in the middle of a steady paced walk, Bear suddenly turns back to me for no apparent reason, and presses himself against my legs, stopping me in my tracks.  It's his way of giving a hug.  Sometime he does it several times during a walk, so often that it can (almost) get irritating. Other times, there are no hugs.  I have not been able to pick out a pattern, but I savour these moments with him.  My absolute favourite is when he lifts a front paw and wraps it around my shin.  That's a really intense hug, and then I give him a good scratch on his sides, causing one of his back legs to thump. I love how we understand each other now.  It was worth working with him through those few crazy puppy years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fleeting Passions

Change of Plans

Renos