Lego Bonding

 Jared had the day off on Monday.  On the day before that, Sunday, he showed me a new Lego set that came into Canadian Tire. A grouping of the cutest, little plants. He wanted them and I knew then and there I was going to buy them for him.

The next day,  we did our walk to the mall. It was a gorgeous day. As we were walking through the park, I was struck with an intense sense of loss. This beautiful son of mine, is leaving home. Soon, both of my children will be in Edmonton.  My only sense of comfort is in knowing they will be together. I miss Tucker all the time, but having Jared dulls those feelings a bit. When they are both gone...I just don't know. 

But, back to the Lego story. We got to Canadian Tire. I was testing Jared when I told him I would pay half. He was ready do it. He really wanted this set. I bought it for him. The gratitude and love that I got back from that kid was very fulfilling.  We then toured the rest of the mall for a bit and then we went home,  where we built the set together.  He did the majority of them. Out of 9, I put together 3, he did 6. He then cleaned off his desk, and arranged them perfectly according to their colours. He's got an eye for design. I loved seeing the small sense if satisfaction he got when he decorated his wee space.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So It Begins

Crazy Weeks